With the advancement of technology, email has become the principal channel of business communication; now a nearly total replacement for faxes, print medium and particularly phone calls. The usage of emails in the business sector continues to escalate as email promises to provide a cost effective, well-timed medium for correspondence across organizations regardless of proximity, time zones, or bandwidth issues.
Organizations require an easy to manage; accessible, affordable and scalable email management solution. Moreover it must comply with the regulatory and governance requirements affecting your business, such as supervising and retaining email communications, preparedness for eDiscovery and more.
ADDRESS COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Security and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOC)
- Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- PCI Compliance
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- Email has largely replaced formal business documentation making it an enterprise-critical information vehicle that requires secure retention.
- Organizations need sophisticated methods for managing emails efficiently while satisfying regulatory compliance with long retention periods.
- Manage electronic communications from one dashboard. Designed to be intuitive, reliable and scalable, our policy tools are easy to use and automate.
MVI Solutions in collaboration with MessageWatcher® has developed an automated solution for regulatory compliance and eDiscovery, reducing the inherent risk in employee electronic communications. Email, social media, instant messages, text messages and web pages all pose potential risks to any organization.
Any business can be audited, served a subpoena, receive a discovery request for email and other electronic communications; the MessageWatcher tool allows you to quickly find the necessary files, import old email files, archive current communication and provide an ongoing repository for all such data; coupled with the scalability, ease of use, reliability and affordability you demand.
The regulations make it clear that your email archive must be:
- A true archive, not just periodic backups that can miss deleted files
- Archive inbound, outbound, and internal email
- Readily accessible
- Unaltered formats
- Audit-ready (documentation on access, privileges, etc.)
All officers and supervisors of the firm are potentially liable for violations committed by those individuals they directly or indirectly supervise under the theory of “failure to supervise.” The legal defense to counter such violations is effective supervision through the implementation of effective policies and procedures and controls.
Corporate espionage related to potential mergers or acquisition, deployment of new services, hiring or firings
Harassment: During the past five years, the number of sexual harassment complaints filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission doubled;
The average, large corporation spends approximately $6.7 million for each sexual harassment suit (Texas Bar Journal, Nov., 1997);
The average court verdict for a sexual harassment plaintiff is $350,000. This does not include defense costs or intangible costs the employer incurs as a result of bad publicity and diminished productivity.
The average cost an employer faces to defend a sexual harassment suit is $150,000 per plaintiff.
- $6 per user per month – Archiving up to 6 year
- After 6 years, each additional year up to 10 years maximum - $3/user per month
- No initial setup cost
ADDRESS COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
Satisfy industry and government regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, Gramm Leach Bliley (GLBA), SEC and FINRA requirements, PCI compliance and others.
PREVENT FINES AND LAWSUITS
Illegal activity and regulatory violations; discrimination, sexual harassment as well as office violence all pose risks in today’s workplace. Mitigate the risk with MessageWatcher’s cloud based email archiving and surveillance.
PREVENT EMPLOYEE THEFT
Intellectual property, customer lists and client data, financial records, research and development documentation are all critical to maintaining a thriving organization. Loss of any of these assets can be costly, deploying an automatic monitoring policy will help.